Also called “implants”, these prostheses are round and curved. It is a silicone shell, containing an artificial liquid. The contents of the prosthesis can be either silicone gel or saline (plus liquid).
Thanks to developments in cosmetic surgery, today there are different breast prostheses available depending on the desired result, as well as several application techniques.
The purpose of a breast prosthesis is to modify the shape and volume of the breast.
Several reasons can lead some women to resort to the installation of breast prostheses:
- An increase in the volume of the breast
- Asymmetrical breast hypotrophy (one breast smaller than the other) and the desire to restore a more harmonious volume to the breast.
- A loss of breast volume following a major weight loss or pregnancy.
- A chest that is too flat due to an underdevelopment of the mammary glands.
- A loss of skin elasticity in the chest area due to the effects of age.