Facial lipofilling is mainly used to fill in hollow wrinkles, restore volume and change the shape of the nose or chin. It is also used to give the skin a radiant glow or to correct serious acne sequelae (crater-shaped scars). The face requires little fat either to treat wrinkles or lack of volume and the surgeon always finds sufficient reserves even in very thin people.
For the body, the donor must have a larger stock and only people with excess fat are eligible for lipostructure.
Breast lipofilling allows a moderate increase in breast volume. It is becoming increasingly popular with women who do not wish to use silicone gel implants.
Buttock lipofilling makes the buttocks firmer, higher and more rounded. When the surgeon removes fat from above the buttocks or from the saddlebags, it is even a complete makeover of the pelvis.
The intimate parts
- Enlarge the circumference of the penis during a phalloplasty.
- Rejuvenate the vagina: The fat injected during vaginoplasty improves the trophicity of the vaginal mucosa when it tends to dry out after 45 years.
- Increase the size of the vaginal lips when they are too small with nymphoplasty or rejuvenate them when they are crumpled.
Other areas of the body
- Correct an asymmetry of the calves, or even reshape the whole leg by also reshaping the ankles.
- Correct irregularities known as “corrugated metal” when liposuction has left visible hollows and bumps on the skin. A person with good skin elasticity can expect a nice result, but if the skin is slackened, the improvement remains modest.
- Filling a pectus excavatum, a malformation of the rib cage where the sternum is sunken.